Bench Press (Dynamic Effort)
-8×3 @ 55% of 1rm. No more than one minute rest.
Back Squat (Max Effort)
-10 minutes to beat last weeks 3rm.
Deadlift (Rx: 275/185)
- Benchpress = 75# (could’ve, should’ve, done more)
- Back Squat = 125# (this felt VERY close to 3RM, but not 1RM)
- WOD Time = 10:50 (deadlift weight = 95#)
- Hand-stand push-ups I did from the high box – exaggerated pike position – as “V” as possible.
- Calories burned = 140 (yes, in 10 minutes)
- The strength portion was fun, but I really want to build up my squat ability. My upper body is above average for a female, & I’m barely cutting it on the quads. Will work on this.
- The WOD was great – I enjoyed how fast it went & yet how hard I worked. Coach Mike was encouraging as usual & really helped to push me harder.
- I still had some energy after the WOD, so Mike had me do 3 x 5 of straight (no kip) pull-ups. I really could only do one, but going through the motions was helpful (I think.) I also threw in some hanging abs that he demonstrated.
Today my lower back & bootie are mad sore (check out the blue line in the image above), but I am DIGGING the feeling. Tonight… Back for more! 😉